[mythtv-users] (newbie) TV guide sources - xmltv && embedded ?

Kingsley Turner krt at krt.com.au
Mon Aug 11 08:13:29 UTC 2008

Hi,

If someone could give me a few pointers for further reading on this
problem I have
that would be great -

I have a DVB-C card, running under Mythbuntu, and although I'm still
learning lots
of stuff, there's one thing that's got me stumped.

In Switzerland on my (FTA) cable we get lots of European channels,
German, French,
Turkish, English, etc. etc.  And for the most part, MythTV is able to
pull the
channel guide out of the stream, and the program guide works fine.

However for some channels, there is no program information embedded in
the signal,
for example BBC - you basically only get the current program's info.

I would like to mix the embedded program guide with extra information
from XMLTV.
I have XMLTV setup for BBC, but I can't work out how to mix the two
sources of
information together into the database.

I set the xmltv source IDs in the channel editor, but they don't seem to
get used.
I also tried to make a separate group that would use the XMLTV channel
information,
but I could not associate it with the (single) DVB card.

Can someone please give me some pointer for further reading.

thanks,
-MythNoob.