[mythtv-users] MythWeather

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Mon Aug 11 01:20:52 UTC 2008

On Aug 10, 2008, at 6:05 PM, Nick Bright wrote:

> For what it's worth the old MythWeather module that installed when I
> first installed mythbuntu 7.10 accepted my zip code, found my city
> (surprising - most things don't), and set itself up without so much
> as a
> hiccup. It worked great, and found relevant information by zip code
> very
> easily.
>
> Almost seems like the newer version has taken a step back? Zip codes
> don't work at all, and it breaks the search if you input a state.

The new mythweather module works in many countries now and also works
with a relatively simple script to add support for many other weather
sources.
Your loss is the world's gain.

Oh, and by the way the old mythweather module simple broke when the
source decided to change the way their pages were displayed along with
saying that it was against their terms of service for mythweather to
use it in the way that it was. That's why it changed in the first
place. What we have now is MUCH better than completely broken and/or
illegal. :)