[mythtv-users] Why Free Software has poor usability ?

Graham Mitchell gmitch at woodlea.com
Sat Aug 9 03:24:11 UTC 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Brian Wood

>  if you are big enough you can negotiate licensing terms

And even if you're not, you may be able to get an umbrella agreement... For
instance, in Michigan, the state has a Master Agreement with Microsoft. All
the city, county and affiliated type public agencies are able to sign up
with the State, and purchase as the same Level D pricing that the state
gets.

In the UK, where I used to work, several professional bodies and trade
groups had similar agreements with Microsoft, so that the main trade body
had the agreement, and their members could make use of the combined
purchasing power.

So it is possible to get in on Volume Licencing, even if you don't qualify
on your own.

And I agree about the licence agreements... They might as well be written in
Martian sometimes. You can ask 3 different people at Microsoft about the
terms, and you'll get at least 4 or 5 different answers.