[mythtv-users] How MultiLinguals Manage their Music/Video Collection ?

Dewey Smolka dsmolka at gmail.com
Sat Aug 9 01:53:22 UTC 2008

On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 12:02 PM, Param Singh <mithu.singh at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am sure many others on this list face(d) the same problem, "Best way
> to many Albums/Videos which are in different languages ?"
>
> Can I re-organize them on my HDD in a way that they are shown
> separated in mythfrontend. Eg.. when i go to "Listen to Music", I can
> somehow narrow down to all my albums in one particular language ?

The easiest way to do this is simply organizing them according to
directory structure. I think this is how MythVideo works normally.

With MythMusic, set up your directories the way you want them, them go
to Settings->Media Settings->Music Settings->General Settings. On one
of the pages, change the Tree Sorting option to to 'directory'. You'll
probably also want to check Ignore ID3 Tags.

Good luck.