[mythtv-users] DVB-S channel scanning gets stuck

Ian Clark mrrooster at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 14:46:14 UTC 2008

2008/7/28 Ian Clark <mrrooster at gmail.com>

> 2008/7/28 Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com>
>
>> [Snip me and Mike Holden for space]
>>
>> The connection of unauthorised equipment to their private network is
>> /at the minimum/ a breach of their terms and conditions.
>>

> But in all instances I've seen an adaptor has been added to convert the F
> connect for the STB to a standard UK tv arial, this has been done when the
> STB has been removed, so I doubt they'd be able to claim it's unauthorised,
> if they capped it off, or left it with just the F connector then I can see
> that could be argued, but in all the cable houses I've had when it's been
> left disconnected it's been left designed to be plugged into the back of the
> TV.

OK, I've actually had a letter from Virgin about this:

<---
Dear Mr Clark

I am writing to confirm we have recieved your enquiry concerning a third
party's free reception of the standard terrestrial channels.

I can advise that certain properties that did have a cable service were
configured to receive these basic channels free of charge.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for bringing this issue
to our attention.

Yours sincerely

Kenneth Dugdale
<---