[mythtv-users] Does anyone know who supports Mytharchive?

Alex Butcher mythlist at assursys.co.uk
Fri Aug 8 10:10:51 UTC 2008

On Fri, 8 Aug 2008, Craig Huff wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 5:05 PM, Paul Harrison <mythtv at dsl.pipex.com> wrote:
>> That sounds a lot like a bug that has already been fixed. What version
>> are you using?
>>
>> Paul H.
>
> Paul-
>
> Could you cite the bug(s) you're referencing and give me an idea of
> what MythTV version they first appeared in?  I generally use what Axel
> has in his stable RPM repository

Me too. :-)

> and would be most interested in giving MythArchive another try.  My
> previous attempts either failed to even produce a DVD

This can happen, particularly if the source recording is damaged or
non-compliant in some way. I've fixed some of the 'fail to complete' bugs
as I've found them, and I'm sure Paul's been doing the same.

> or had the audio drift out of sync with the video.

That sounds like an issue with your source. I've never had anything like
that problem myself, but my source material is always DVB-T (i.e.
MPEG-over-radio). Are you making recordings from an analogue tuner, by any
chance?

> Craig.

Best Regards,
Alex.