[mythtv-users] automatic mythfilldatabase not adding any new days

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Fri Aug 8 04:42:04 UTC 2008

Greg Cope wrote:
> Mine also seems to have given up running automagically;
>
> "Last mythfilldatabase run started on 2008-08-07 02:04 and ended on
> 2008-08-07 02:07. FAILED: xmltv returned error code 2304.
> There's guide data until 2008-08-20 01:30 (13 days). "
>
> Running it in a terminal is fine.
>
> Is this a problem with older mythfilldb's?
>
> Greg

I don't know about 'old'. I have seen this with various versions of svn
trunk from the mid 16000's through 17225. I'm now on 17961 on fedora 8.
It is quite possible that it is present in .21.

I first noticed this about when svn switched to qt4. I do not remem ber
this happening before that, but then again, I may be having a senior
moment/minute/day/epoch/eon....

I *think* what happens is the mfdb does not completely clean up all its
threads. Future runs then fail.

I believe this because every time, recently, when I see the problem, I
find at least one instance of mfdb when I run 'ps -ae | grep myth' in a
terminal. And mfdb is NOT running or supposed to be running when I do
that. A quick 'killall mythfilldatabas' (yes, that last is not a typo),
clears things, and mfdb then runs automagically for some weeks.

And then it stops working...again. I have no idea why and the logs show
nothing. I only know the symptom not the cause of the disease. And I
really do not know how to further track down what is actually happening.

Geoff