[mythtv-users] Does anyone know who supports Mytharchive?

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Thu Aug 7 22:05:32 UTC 2008

mons37318 at mypacks.net wrote:
> Sorry to have wandered off. The volume of this list would not be a problem, if I didn't use my webmail so often (I do know how to filter, just not visually) but since I do, I pushed it to one of my "anonymous" email addresses, and then forgot to check back in.
>
> As Jay noted- it's not that I don't like it - it's just that out of, say 8 DVDs burned *ever* (we try again from time to time) only 1 has come out with its audio completely intact. The rest, at least one ep (and often more) out of every disc will come out with no audio.
> (the thing with the compression is a problem too, but let's start with the audio)
>
> it's either mv2, mp2 or ac3... it creates an audio "stream?" and then says it's the wrong kind and just dumps it. i think. Jay can interpret the logs a lot better than me.
>
> the comsumer DVD recorder is dying, I've had myth since July of 94, and so far, have only been able to offload two episodes of Chuck.
> (my 500GB and my 400GB drives are full, and since the LVM crash, i don't trust spinning storage - even if it *is* running Linux)
>
> can anyone help with the audio?
>
> --
> Pam from Boston
> Happily ever after means the show is really over.
> Shonda Rhimes - Entertainment Weekly, May 9, 2008 issue
> Scott Bakula News www.bakulanews.com

That sounds a lot like a bug that has already been fixed. What version
are you using?

There's a lot of variables here like are you using ntsc or pal, which
demuxer are you using mythreplex or projectx, are you re-encoding the
files, are you converting the audio track to ac3 etc. The best way for
me to get the required information would be the next time you have a
failed attempt is email me the  progress.log which contains most of the
information I need - that is if you are using the latest version from
either trunk or the fixes branch - I don't want to waste my time looking
for a bug that has already been fixed :-)

Paul H.