[mythtv-users] FLOSS MC Survey closing date

The GUIGuy linux at finalfiler.com
Thu Aug 7 10:02:17 UTC 2008

Giovani Spagnolo wrote:

> Maybe you're part of the fortunate small percentage of people in the
> community who knows *everything* the software can and can't do, but
> think about the majority of users who struggle each day to find out *if*
> they can do this or that or simply do not have time to search the wiki
> and find a short answer... This is why we are investing our time (and
> time of people who want to help) in a *State of the Art* paper on floss
> media centers.

Hi Giovani,

I certainly don't know everything because I only recently deserted the
Vista Media  Center Camp. But like the other respondents here I too
found the "How many whatever" questions meaningless & confusing and gave
up half way through. All I know is Myth seems to support all of the
mainstream stuff as long as I do certain things at setup time. Although
I suspect it does a lot more when I get my head sorted.

And I am convinced that struggling users don't play around with MythTv
for too long. Tivo and PVRs are easier.

As my wife said to me last week as I sat there cursing the boot hard
disks that had gone down, "You must be mad!"

Cheers

The GuiGuy