[mythtv-users] Recording the olympics

Jon Bishop jon.the.wise.gdrive at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 14:33:35 UTC 2008

On Aug 5, 2008, at 5:54 AM, Brian Long wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 4:39 AM, Jon Bishop <jon.the.wise.gdrive at gmail.com
> > wrote:
> <snip>
>
> 3600 hours of TV? Are you sure? I realize they will have more than one
> camera recording, and more than one event happening at a time, but
> that is 150 DAYS of television. As I understand it, they've only got 2
> weeks to record all this footage, and only one channel to broadcast it
> on (over that same 2 week period).
>
> "The 3,600 total hours of coverage on seven NBC Universal networks:
> NBC, USA, MSNBC, CNBC, Oxygen, Telemundo and Universal HD, as well
> as NBCOlympics.com"
>
> /Brian/

Of course. I forgot about a couple channels. Actually, I presumed that
they would just air on NBC, nationally. I don't know why, I mean, it
makes perfect sense to air it on every channel they have. Also, I ran
a mythfilldb, and got a bunch of 8 hour blocks now... so I rescind my
previous statement. However, that's WAY more olympic coverage than I
care to watch!

~Jon