[mythtv-users] commercial skipping on the Sci-Fi channel

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Tue Aug 5 02:56:43 UTC 2008

On Aug 4, 2008, at 7:40 PM, Josh White wrote:

> Does anyone else have trouble with commercial skipping in shows
> recorded from the Sci-Fi channel? For example, if I record an
> episode of Star Trek Voyager on Sci-Fi, the auto commercial skipping
> never seems to work.  If I record an episode of the same show on
> Spike TV, the commercial skipping seems to work flawlessly.  Has
> anyone else seen similar behavior?

I imagine it would greatly depend on the commercial flagging method
you have chosen.
Also, did you know that in 0.21, you can assign commflag method to
specific channels? If you find one that works better with SciFi and
another that works better with SpikeTV, go into the Channel Editor and
assign them appropriately.