[mythtv-users] Always have shows from a specific channel record to a specific tuner

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Tue Aug 5 02:09:23 UTC 2008

On Aug 4, 2008, at 6:58 PM, Aaron Klein wrote:

> Is there a way to have all shows recorded from channel A recorded on
> turner 2?  I have two backends and one tuner each.  The primary tuner
> I like to use has issues with reception on three channels.
> Interesting enough the tuner is a PVR-350 with hardware encoding.  The
> second tuner in the second backend is a software encoder that has no
> reception problems with these channels so I want any show selected to
> be recorded on one of these channels to automatically be recorded on
> the other tuner.
>
> For now I have gone into all of the schedules and specified the
> desired tuner but I dont want to have to remember to do this on new
> schedules.

You need to set up 2 channel lineups (I think the term in mythtv-setup
is "video sources"). One with all your channels and one with all but
the ones that don't work on that one tuner. Then assign them to each
input appropriately. Now you are guaranteed those channels will not be
recorded with the tuner that cannot record them.