[mythtv-users] ViaChrome9 on HP Mini-Note PC

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Mon Aug 4 23:58:10 UTC 2008

> Udo van den Heuvel wrote:
>> Brian Wood wrote:
>>> Anyone have more specific information?
>>
>> http://wiki.openchrome.org/tikiwiki/tiki-index.php?page=HardwareCaveats
>
> I'm not really sure what "not implemented, up to 1024x1024" means.
> (referring to mpeg2 support).
>
> If it's not implemented, why would you list an "up to" resolution spec?
> That would make more sense if it was implemented. I can't imagine a
> situation where HD resolutions ae supported but not SD ones.
>
> I think I will simply assume that compressed video support doesn't exist
> with this chipset.

I think what this means is that it supports Xv to 1024x1024 but doesn't
implement XvMC as yet.

My CN400 based Epia SP13000 I've given up on XvMC - the 1.3GHz CPU jut
about handles all I throw at it without the extra hardware support and it
avoids a lot of 'blue face' issues with some divx/mpeg4 files. It can even
play a xvid 720p file in native mode on my 1368x720 TV.

--
Robin Gilks