[mythtv-users] analog tuner & MythTV compatibility

Bogdan Bivolaru bogdan.bivolaru at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 20:09:58 UTC 2008

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to build a Linux media PC and I've decided to buy a TV tuner
for it (I receive analog and DVB-Cable signals). For now I mostly need
an analog tuner, as digital broadcasting is fairly limited.

Here are the candidate tuners:
* Leadtek WinFast PVR2000
(reviewed:
http://www.mythtvtalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3902&highlight=pvr2000
and http://www.mythtvtalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3902&highlight=pvr2000)
* Leadtek WinFast DTV2000 H
-some guy claims that the board works, but although it is an analog +
digital tuner, one cannot configure it to work as both, without changing
configuration
-what about the remote? from what I gather in the post it does not work
* Leadtek WinFast TV2000 XP Expert

--
"The best way to predict the future is to invent it.", 1971, Alan Kay:
http://www.smalltalk.org/alankay.html