[mythtv-users] Problems with samba on primary backend

Aaron Klein klein.aaron at gmail.com
Sun Aug 3 12:22:45 UTC 2008

I have two backends setup.  The primary backend has been having issues
with its samba shares for pictures, music, recordings and videos for a
while now.  I just setup a second backend and this system is not
having issues at all.  I can browse and place files into the videos
share with no issue.  I replaced the smb.conf file on the server that
was not working with the file from the server that was working and
restarted samba and that did not help.

I can connect to the recordings share only on the primary backend.
All other shares give an error.  The samba log has the following
entries from the failed connection.

[2008/08/03 07:55:03, 0] auth/auth_util.c:create_builtin_administrators(792)
  create_builtin_administrators: Failed to create Administrators
[2008/08/03 07:55:03, 0] auth/auth_util.c:create_builtin_users(758)
  create_builtin_users: Failed to create Users
[2008/08/03 07:55:03, 1] auth/auth_util.c:create_token_from_username(1110)
  mythtv is a Domain, not a user

I have compared the Users and Group settings between the two backends
and they are identical.  Both use the same username and password.
Windows gives an error stating "The username could no be found".