[mythtv-users] Binary packages for 0.20.2 for Xebian?

Piers Kittel mailing at biased.org
Sat Aug 2 10:28:57 UTC 2008

On 1 Aug 2008, at 23:38, kanetse at gmail.com wrote:
> There should be binaries out there somewhere for Xebian, as I'm
> running 0.20.2 on Xebian now.  However, I seem to recall that I
> somehow managed to get my XBox upgraded to etch, so I just used normal
> etch binaries.

No real difference between MythTV binaries for Sarge/Etch - I can
easily install 0.21 right now but it won't work.

> However, most of the XBox/MythTV users just relied on someone to
> compile the .deb files under Xebian/sarge.  Maybe check out this
> thread:
>
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/303879?search_string=0.20.2%20xebian;#303879

Already have - all the links to the 0.20.2 binaries are dead.  Don't
fancy doing the E install thing.  Would rather spend my time doing the
0.21 upgrade.

> Anyway, I think the days of the MythTV on the XBox are numbered.  We
> (as a community) had enough problems getting 0.20.2, and it appears
> that 0.21 requires QT4... I don't know how difficult or easy it is to
> install QT4 on Xebian; or if it's even possible.

Hmm.  0.21 should last for a while yet I guess....  the Xbox cost me
only £9 :)  I can try doing QT4 in the future, and if not, oh well.

Have convinced the SWMBO to let me upgrade the backend to 0.21, so
fingers crossed it all goes well....

Thanks for everyone's help though, much appreciated!

Cheers - Piers