[mythtv-users] lirc pvr-150 receiver vs serial transmitter

Francis Hartojo fhartojo at gmail.com
Sat Aug 2 05:13:27 UTC 2008

On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 9:48 PM, Klaubert Herr da Silveira
<klaubert at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm migrating my Myth box from Fedora 7 to Mythbuntu (8.04). If I
> setup the IR receiver to use automatic (Mythbuntu Control Center)
> Hauppauge remote control, the IR works. If I try to setup it together
> with a serial (custom or not) IR transmitter, the transmitter works
> but the hauppauge (i2c) stops to work. I already read the Mythbuntu
> and see no help there. A setup the device used for transmitter to
> /dev/lirc1 (as the /dev/lirc0 is by default to receiver).
>
> Any idea of what make it stop to work?
>
> Thanx in advance,
>
> Klaubert

Klaubert:

Try checking the /etc/lirc/hardware.conf file.  In my experience, MB
doesn't set up this file quite correctly.  I have to fill in the
REMOTE_DEVICE and TRANSMITTER_DEVICE entries manually to /dev/lirc0
and /dev/lirc1, respectively.

HTH.  Thanks.
--
Francis