[mythtv-users] Binary packages for 0.20.2 for Xebian?

William william_munson at comcast.net
Fri Aug 1 20:48:33 UTC 2008

Piers Kittel wrote:
> The point of this email is that I want to know:
>
> 1) Do I *have* to use binaries complied specially for Xebian, or can I
> use just any 0.20.2 binaries?

Although they do not have to be xebian specific they do have to be
compiled for the correct processor which if I remember right is a 486.
It has been several years since I ran my xbox (much too slow now that
most of my recording are in HD) but I was able to compile that version
on the xbox with distcc and some other boxes on my network. Compiling on
the xbox without distcc is possible but it took 3 days last time I did that.

Good luck. You may be better off upgrading everything so that you can
use the current precompiled binaries for the xbox.

W.