[mythtv-users] MythTV Group at LinkedIn.com

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Wed Apr 30 23:38:49 UTC 2008

On Apr 30, 2008, at 3:14 PM, Chris Petersen wrote:

> On Apr 30, 2008, at 1:33 PM, Brian Wood wrote:
>> I had once thought that we might consider "user profiles" on the
>> MythTV web site (perhaps in the WiKi).
>
> You mean like the "user" page in the wiki?
>
>     http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/User:Xris

Yeah, but I was thinking it might have more system-specific
information. So you could see, for example, that a given CPU/RAM/mobo
combination works with HD without XvMC (just as an example).

> But yeah, LinkedIn is mostly for professional network contacts.  I
> just figured that it'd be cool to have a MythTV group there because I
> think that FOSS development/involvement is a good thing to be
> associated with.

It certainly has very good potential, and I don't see any bad sides,
it seems to shield you from folks using it as a spam list source for
example.

beww