[mythtv-users] IR Blaster and LIRC RPMs

scott at tbwifi.ca scott at tbwifi.ca
Wed Apr 30 16:39:37 UTC 2008

Hi Nick,
As always that you very much for your input.  You have been a great help
over the past few months.  Are we the only Mandriva Myth users?  I gotta
wonder some times...

Okay it would appear that my serial port is working from your comments.
On this box I have never had a reason to use it so I couldn't be sure.

I have followed this site for much of my ir blaster / lirc setup as it is
one of the only Mandriva site specific versions and he is also using 2008.

http://www.mandrake.tips.4.free.fr/lirc.html

Referring to the link, he suggests modifications to the
/etc/sysconfig/lircd file which I have done.  I have also adjusted mine
the reflect

DEVICE=/dev/lirc/0
in place of
DEVICE=/dev/lirc0

I have the lircd.conf file in place, but I have not done anything with the
.lircrc file as I believe this to be specifically for receiving ir signals
which I don’t require.  My box is mostly just a backend, but I do use the
frontend on it occasionally with the keyboard for custom recording stuff.

I haven’t tried what you’ve suggested in your last email, so I’m hoping
that will be the answer.

# lircd --device=/dev/lirc/0 --output=/dev/lircd --pidfile=/var/run/lircd.pid

If this does work, what is the best way to capture the intent of this
command automatically on each boot?  Right now my lircd just starts as a
service which I did via MCC.

Regards,
Scott