[mythtv-users] HDMI out

Andrew Close aclose at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 14:09:26 UTC 2008

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 4:27 PM, Lindsay Mathieson
<lindsay.mathieson at optusnet.com.au> wrote:
> On Wednesday 30 April 2008 01:18:15 Steven Adeff wrote:
>  > of course, with Myth being ported to windows, I wouldn't be surprised
>  > if we all start running MythTV on linux for our backends and MythTV on
>  > Windows for our frontends in order to take advantage of "proper"
>  > BluRay playback in Windows...
>
>  Not just that, but decent support for the latest motherboard chipsets - the
>  Gigabyte 780G MB has HDMI/DVI/VGA outputs with builtin MPEG2/MPEG4/H.264
>  decoding. You can do 1080p playback with a 1.8Mhz Sempron - that's fantastic
>  for low power silent media boxes.

the Intel G35 chipset looks promising for video and some hardware
based video decoding.  it's currently available on some motherboards.
the Intel G45 chipset is due out later this summer i believe and looks
like it will have quite a bit more capability regarding hardware
decoding.
i just hope Intel stands behind their promise to share their API's,
drivers, whatever so that we can make full use of this hardware.

--
Andrew Close