[mythtv-users] HDTV solution @1080i ???

Andrew Close aclose at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 14:16:10 UTC 2008

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 7:31 PM,  <zoiks2004-ivtv at yahoo.com> wrote:

>  --- Ma Begaj <derliebegott at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>  > 1. On Motherboard integrated 6195 Nvidia Chip
>  > 2. Samsung LE-40F86
>  > 3. DVI -> HDMI (1920x1080)
>  >
>  >
>  > No problems at all.
>
>  Thanks, all, for the replies. Useful information. I
>  think I've been overly pessimistic about the issues of
>  the connection between graphics adapters and the
>  television.
>
>  FWIW, this is the setup I'm currently aiming for:
>
>  1) Sharp Aquos LC-52D64U (52", 1080p 60Hz with
>  FineMotion, 7 inputs including 1x VGA)
>  2) Gigabyte GA P35-DS3L
>  3) Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 (high performance, low power
>  consumption)
>  4) 3x Western Digital Caviar GP drives 750GB, in
>  software RAID5 configuration (low power consumption,
>  quiet, reasonable price for 750G drives)
>  5) 2GB RAM
>  6) Antec Sonata case model (original, spare from an
>  old server of mine)
>  7) nVidia Quadro NVS 285 based card (hand-me down
>  PCI-E with only the VGA connector. I may replace this
>  with a cheap $30 nvidia fanless card with DVI output)
>  8) Hauppauge PVR 500 (current MythTV capture card)
>  9) HDHomeRun tuning QAM from cable (or ATSC if I tell
>  cable co to stick it)
>
>  In the longer term, I'd like to add the HD capture
>  functionality that the Hauppauge USB HD PVR device
>  could provide, but I'm going to wait for first
>  impressions on driver feasibility.
>
>  I suppose if I'm lucky I'll be ready for my wife and I
>  to watch the last BSG episode in high def using the
>  Hauppauge device.

Zoiks,

i'm roughly in the same boat as you, and it's exciting. ;)
i just purchased the Sony KDL-52XBR4 LCD and my new HD capable Myth
hardware should be showing up today according to my Fed-Ex widget. :D

ASUS P5E-VM HDMI G35 w/ Intel C2Q Q9300 2.5G CPU & 4 GB RAM
think that'll have enough horsepower for H.264 HD? :D
i know it's a tad overkill, but i'm planning on installing a full
desktop on it instead of just my current slimmed down Myth only
install.  you've got me on disk space.  i only picked up two Seagate
500GB HD's for it...

hopefully i'll find some time to get it up and running before the weekend.

--
Andrew Close