[mythtv-users] Low Volume on DTV

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Tue Apr 29 16:23:35 UTC 2008

I believe myth lets you adjust the volume for some devices (though I
could be wrong...I've never used it, but I think I've seen it). For
digital, it doesn't allow it because it doesn't do any processing when
recording. However, for some analog cards I believe you can. If that's
the case for your card, you could just turn down the volume for
recording analog. Thats not ideal, becuase you'll lose a little bit of
audio quality, but it may not be that bad (depending on how much
adjustment is necessary).

For the longer term, I've heard talk of adding volume normalization
into mythtv. Hopefull if that gets done, it will help even out the
different sources properly.

--
Ron