[mythtv-users] Newbie Q's.

Francis Hartojo fhartojo at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 28 17:51:17 UTC 2008

> We had problems like this with our older 0.20 server. That machine was
> a 32-bit HT processor/ When I switched to a non-SMP kernel they almost
> totally went away. I presume you are using an SMP kernel since it's a
> quad-core processor. It would be a disappointment to switch that box
> to a UP kernel permanently but you might try it as a test.

I hear you.  It's like putting a 55MPH speedometer on a Ducati 1098.  (c:

Worse comes to worst, I'll go back to the 32-bit version and live with its limitations.  I do think it's gotten better though.  The one that came with Mythbuntu 7.10 (0.20.2?) crashed every time I switched in and out of LiveTV.

Thanks for your response.

--
Francis Hartojo
echo "sunegbwb at lnubb.pbz" | tr '[a-z]' '[n-za-m]'