[mythtv-users] problem after Ubuntu 7.10 -> 8.04 upgrade

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Mon Apr 28 17:38:54 UTC 2008

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 10:32:28AM +0100, Oliver Maunder wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 2:43 AM, Josh White <jaw1959 at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> >  I just upgraded my frontend and backend systems from Ubuntu 7.10 to
> > Ubuntu 8.04.  For some reason, after this upgrade, I am unable to watch
> > recordings or live TV on my upgraded frontend
>

> First question: are you using MythTV from the Ubuntu repositories or
> compiling from source? If you're using the Ubuntu version then upgrading
> from Gutsy to Hardy will have upgraded your Myth installation from 0.20 to
> 0.21.
>
> Have you tried playing with the Playback settings? Try setting it the
> profile to Normal or Slim and see if that helps with the display.

    You can also start completely from scratch by creating an entirely
new profile and playing around with that. I found this to be useful.
There were also some other non-profile settings that seemed to impact
smoothness of playback (like using video for time base). You might
need to do a little tinkering.