[mythtv-users] NVidia Drivers

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Mon Apr 28 01:05:29 UTC 2008

Mike Williams wrote:
> Myth Users,
>
> A quick recap of where I am at. My myth front end will only play one
> video per instance. If I try and play a second all I get is sound.
> Restarting the front end allows one more play. I have been told that
> is because of my faulty NVidia drivers, and that with the faulty
> drivers it is the opengl renderer that causes the problem.
>
> So I have set my playback profile to slim, which if I read the docs
> right will disable the opengl renderer. Alas I continue to experience
> the same problem. Also I have downloaded from NVidia, installed, and
> tested 3 different drivers. These include 169.12, 169.09, and 169.07.
> After each try X starts up just fine with the NVidia logo, but MythTV
> still does the same thing.
>
> I am stuck. Any more advice? Thanks for your help so far.

I had no luck with any of the 169 series drivers on my desktop at work
(I keep an instance of mythtv on the machine at work for...uhhh,,,(cough
cough) testing purposes. Right?)

If you go to the nvidia driver page, just under the link for the 169.12
driver is a link marked 'Archive'. Click on that and you will see that
there is a 171 series driver available. *It* seems to work without the
problems which 169.12 has.

Either that or go back to a 'legacy' series driver such as the 9963 or
9975 both of which worked for me.
HTH

Geoff