[mythtv-users] Constant Video stalls/lockups - looking for suggestions

Mark Himsley mark at mdsh.com
Sun Apr 27 09:56:29 UTC 2008

Bruce Nordstrand wrote:

> Playing *anything* will result in the video freezing for up to 30 secs
> and this happens randomly and sometimes more than once. Videos are on a
> network share via NFS and do the same whatever I use as the player
> Internal, Xine, MPlayer. It doesn't matter if there is anything
> recording or not - this machine is a combined frontend/backend. This
> makes it real hard to watch things like Buffy and Dr Who!!! :)

Hi,

I'm having similar issues, only more so. I cannot watch anything in
MythTV. I get a second or two of moving video+audio then a freeze for 10
seconds - rinse and repeat.

I was using v2.1 on Ubuntu Gutsey without an issue. Upgraded to Ubuntu
Hardy and it's all gone pare shaped.

Note though that recordings happen perfectly and I can mythtranscode
programmes out of MythTV and view them in Mplayer and VLC. Even more
silly, when I'm in MythTV frontend -> Media Library -> Watch Recordings
the mini-preview video plays perfectly!

So essentially so long as I don't want to watch programmes in MythTV
frontend then it's all ok :-(

--
Mark