[mythtv-users] TW, Kansas City HD - I'm confused.

Ty Unes riverty at kc.rr.com
Sat Apr 26 17:49:06 UTC 2008

I have Time Warner Cable here in Kansas City, Ks. I also have a Myth DVR
with 2 PVR-150 cards and one ATI HDTV Wonder card. I currently tune the
HD card using an outdoor antenna receiving the local stations in HD.
This includes ABC, NBC, CBS, Fox, and a small handfull of smaller
broadcasters.

I found out that if I use the Time Warner set-top box (a Scientific
Atlanta 3250HD) I get quite a few more channels in HD at my current
subscription plan. So, I want to be able to tune these channels using
the ATI HDTV Wonder card. I have read the Wiki pages and been through
the steps to "find" channels using scan and various scripts. They work,
everything works, yet I have not been able to find the extra channels
offered by the set-top box.

Can this be done? Are these channels encrypted explaining why I have
failed to find these channels? If they are encrypted, seems one could
control the set-top box with Lircd and feed the video output into the
MythTV box. But then, how do you connect this? The standard cable
connection (downgraded video) sucks. Only connections offered from this
box is RGBY and DVI. I don't know of an "input card" for this. How is
everyone else getting this done?