[mythtv-users] DVD stutters inside MythTV but not outside. Need help.

allene222 nabble at oldpaloalto.com
Sun Apr 27 06:36:21 UTC 2008

I get terrible stuttering and tons of "WriteAudio: buffer underflow"
messages when playing a DVD inside of Mythbuntu 7.10.  When I leave
Myth, I can play the DVD with mplayer or Graffitti and everything is
perfect.  I tried setting mplayer as the player in myth setup and the
stuttering went away but the picture turned into a bunch of random
pixels.  The DVD played and sounded fine without stuttering, but is
unwatchable.  The CPU usage is low.

Allen