[mythtv-users] I need a firewire command-line channel-changer

Marc Barrett mnealbarrett at cox.net
Sun Apr 27 06:10:37 UTC 2008

I need a command-line program to change the channel via
firewire with a Motorola DCH-3200.

I found the following on a web page:
   https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MythTV_External_Channel_Changer
"for Motorola boxes other than the DCT6200, such as the DCH3200
or the DCT3412, you need to use the newest version of the channel
changer which is currently available from the MythTV SVN branch
as of 1/08."

So, I grabbed the SVN development source, and compiled the
6200ch.c source file.  But when I ran it, it still complained that it
could not fine a DCT-6200 attached.

I know that MythTV has the ability to change the channel on my
DCH-3200, but it does so with no problems via the program guide.
I just need a command-line program to do it.  I need it so I
can put together a little script, together with firewire_tester, to
go through my channels and see which ones have the CCI
flag enabled.