[mythtv-users] upgrade mythbuntu to 8.04, not horrible SD playback

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics steve at priorityelectronics.com
Sat Apr 26 22:55:44 UTC 2008

Do you have "UseEvents" "True" in your xorg.conf? That dropped my CPU load
from 45% to about 8% with SD.
 beww

Hello,
It does say "UseEvents "1" in my xorg.conf file....that should be fine,
right?

Could this be a dma issue? When i run:    sudo hdparm -d 1 /dev/sdb
(that's my recordings drive)

it returns:
setting using_dma to 1 (on)
HDIO_SET_DMA failed: Inappropiate ioctl for device
HDIO_SET_DMA failed: Inappropiate ioctl for device

Could that be the issue? Why else would video stutter when the cpu load is
not at 100%?

-Thanks