[mythtv-users] Two minor inconveniences

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Sat Apr 26 13:17:54 UTC 2008

On Sat, Apr 26, 2008 at 12:26 AM, Kevin Kuphal <kkuphal at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 4:26 PM, Phil Bridges <gravityhammer at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > I've noticed a couple of things that I'm trying to figure out why
> > they're doing what they're doing:
> >
> > 1) If I am watching a recording while it's being recorded, and the
> > program ends, the frontend seems to think the program is twice as long
> > as it actually is.  For instance, an hour-long show will show that
> > it's two hours long.
>

> Known issue: http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/799 (actually quite an old
> one)

Also note the fix I mention in that bug:

http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/799#comment:27

I've been using that for some time and it works great.  The issue is
that the recorder reports the total length back to the frontend
incorrectly when the recording isn't 30 fps.  In my case this always
occurred with Fox and ABC (60 fps).  Commenting out that line prevents
this and just allows the frontend to continue using the length it was
reporting while the show was being recorded.

The reason this hasn't been fixed is that it's actually a rather
complex problem, as some broadcasts mix frame rates.  This is
currently not handled at all.  That's actually the reason that many
find NBC one hour are reported as 50-52 minutes...they change frame
rates during commercials throwing the length calculation off.

Tom