[mythtv-users] NVidia Drivers

Mark Kendall mark.kendall at gmail.com
Sat Apr 26 12:30:18 UTC 2008

2008/4/26 Mike Williams <mumakin at gmail.com>:
> Myth Users,
>
>  A quick recap of where I am at. My myth front end will only play one
>  video per instance. If I try and play a second all I get is sound.
>  Restarting the front end allows one more play. I have been told that
>  is because of my faulty NVidia drivers, and that with the faulty
>  drivers it is the opengl renderer that causes the problem.
>
>  So I have set my playback profile to slim, which if I read the docs
>  right will disable the opengl renderer. Alas I continue to experience
>  the same problem. Also I have downloaded from NVidia, installed, and
>  tested 3 different drivers. These include 169.12, 169.09, and 169.07.
>  After each try X starts up just fine with the NVidia logo, but MythTV
>  still does the same thing.
>
>  I am stuck. Any more advice? Thanks for your help so far.

Mike

Can you post a playback log (using mythfrontend -v playback). That
should help figure out what renderer is being chosen and why.

I've additionally finally figured out a workaround for the driver
problem, so if you're still stuck I can post a quick patch (if you're
compiling from source).

Regards

Mark