[mythtv-users] Volume control in LiveTV mode

Brian Phillips brian.phillips at gmx.net
Fri Apr 25 22:47:51 UTC 2008

Clayton wrote:
> I have a mostly nicely working MythTV install (0.21).  There is one
> little issue that I can't sort out yet... getting volume control
> while watching LiveTV.  According to the documentation, F9 is Mute,
> F10 is volume down and F11 is volume up.  If I press F9, I see some
> test on screen saying Mute On, but there is still sound (at 100%
> volume).  if I press F10 to reduce the volume, a small box is drawn
> on screen showing a percentage as the volume is supposed to be
> reduced, but the actual volume remains at 100%.
>
> While playing movies/recorded video, I have the usual volume control
> from MPlayer (9 to reduce and 0 to increase).  This works fine.
>
> So, what can I do to get keyboard controlled volume while in LiveTV?
> Is it some setting somewhere that I've missed?

I've noticed it too.  The mute just makes it very very quiet, it doesn't
mute it.  The only time I can say it "mutes" is if Master Volume is set at
~70%.  Then when I use Myth to control PCM audio, it will mute correctly.
If the Master Volume Control is at 100% though, mute just is a "quiet"
button..

Brian