[mythtv-users] MythTV DVD Problems

John Burns john at burnshome.com
Fri Apr 25 19:00:52 UTC 2008

I've got my MythTV set to use the Internal player for DVDs. I have a bunch
of DVDs out on a drive so I can play them from there. Most work fine, but
I'm having a few problems and I'm not sure if it's with specific DVDs or
what.

1. Audio not playing in Atonement
	- The video loads fine and starts playing but no audio plays. I
ripped it using an external ripping software (DVDFab Platinum) as I have
with all my other discs and I only pulled the main movie and the audio
channel. I ripped the AC-3/5.1 channel when ripping the DVD and I checked to
make sure that's still on there. The ISO loads fine on my Windows XP box and
plays with audio in PowerDVD. Is there a package I need to install for extra
audio support or is there something wrong in Myth?

2. Menus not loading correctly in multiple DVDs (Gladiator and 300 as
examples)
	- When I start the DVD it plays through the menus as if they're
video tracks without ever giving a selection tool to change the menu
options. Is there a setting for this or what? If I fast forward I can skip
through the menus but it goes through all of them including foreign language
titles, etc. until it gets to the actual movie. This is more of a nuisance
than a real problem but I figured someone may have a solution.

3. I can't seem to get a keystroke working from my keyboard that skips by
chapter marker. I can skip by time segments but those don't always meet up
with the chapter markers. Is there a keystroke to skip by the actual chapter
markers on the DVD?

Thanks for the help!

John Burns