[mythtv-users] Recommended kernel version for 0.21, nova-t 500 and pvr 250 running under Xen

Ben Firshman ben at firshman.co.uk
Fri Apr 25 16:55:07 UTC 2008

On 24 Apr 2008, at 23:28, Nick Morrott wrote:

> On 15/03/2008, Jeppe N. Madsen <jeppe at ingolfs.dk> wrote:
>
>> Before replacing my production myth box with the new server I wanted
>> to get any input on the recommended kernel version for the machine
>> running mythtv backend with a PVR250 and a Nova-T 500.
>
> Kernels starting with 2.6.24.14 contain the fix to stop the USB
> disconnects, commonly seen on the Nova T-500.

See that's the thing, I can't get the debian 2.6.24 xen kernel package
to work. To cut a long story short: debian dom0, ubuntu domU. Debian
2.6.18 package on dom0. The same kernel works fine in the domU. Debian
sid 2.6.24 package is very flakey - kernel errors and panics. Ubuntu
2.6.24 package kernel panics on boot.

I just about got the v4l-dvb drivers to compile on 2.6.18, but they
aren't loading, and I suspect they just require a later kernel.

I have another old Nova-T card which works a charm, I might just sell
the 500 and buy another single one. Two should be much enough thanks
to multi-rec.

Ben