[mythtv-users] debian: can't install ivtv driver

starcycle starcycle at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 19:24:00 UTC 2008

> You'll have to re-write your udev rules. Not sure precisely how debian
>  has them set up, but take a look under /etc/udev.
>
>  A *really* dirty hack would be to just put a command to change the
>  permissions to what you want in rc.local. Very inelegant, but it
>  should work, as it would get executed after everything else.
>
>  The "c" just means that it is a character device.
>

>  beww

I still have myth-backend starting from rc.local, so I guess one more
entry won't hurt. :D at least until I can figure out the correct way
of doing these last 2 tasks  (for some reason the backend isn't
starting from /etc/init.d/, if anyone knows the reason. not a big deal
to me right now since it's working). I hate dealing with udev, but
google should have the exact syntax somewhere. appreciate the help,
thanks.