[mythtv-users] Broken Perl bindings

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 19:04:03 UTC 2008

On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 1:09 PM, Mike Perkins
<mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk> wrote:
>  mythrename.pl --link /seems/ to run successfully when run from the command line.
>  optimize_mythdb.pl is the one that causes problems. Net::UPnP::ControlPoint is
>  the module it complains about. When I go and check what line the complaint is
>  from (15), that was when I realised that, though rpmdrake insists I have
>  installed the Perl-Mythtv package, optimize_mythdb.pl ain't finding it.

Just to be clear that it's not a perl issue...if I set my HOME to /, I
can reproduce what I'm assuming is the error you're getting:

mythback root # export HOME=/
mythback root # perl /usr/share/mythtv/contrib/optimize_mythdb.pl
Net::UPnP::ControlPoint is not installed!
Please install Net::UPnP or copy ~/.mythtv/config.xml
from a working MythTV installation to //.mythtv/config.xml.
Compilation failed in require at
/usr/share/mythtv/contrib/optimize_mythdb.pl line 15.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/usr/share/mythtv/contrib/optimize_mythdb.pl line 15.

Tom