[mythtv-users] why does myth commflag commercial free channels

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Apr 24 18:51:09 UTC 2008

On 04/24/2008 02:19 PM, Steve Peters - Priority Electronics wrote:
> OK, so I went into mythtv-setup and changed the proper channels to
> commercial free. (running mythbuntu 7.10 btw). Now when I go back into
> mythweb, and select a show on one of those channels, it still has the
> auto-flag commercials checked. So nothing has changed.

I have "Auto-flag commercials" set on /every single/ recording rule in
my system.  It only says, "Do the right thing for commercial flagging."
It does not (and should not) change depending on whether the channel on
which you selected the recording is commercial free.  You may, after
all, select a showing that appears on a commercial-free channel when you
create an "any channel" rule, and--if MythWeb were to disable
auto-commercial-flagging and your system were to record from a channel
with commercials--you may not get the commercial flagging you want.

In the event that a recording is created from a commercial free channel,
no commercial flagging is performed even when "Auto-flag commercials" is
checked.

BTW, I posted a patch for MythWeb's channel editor (and no other parts
of MythWeb) on http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/5195 .

Mike