[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu and Pinacle PCTV HD USB from Woot -- how to install

allene222 nabble at oldpaloalto.com
Thu Apr 24 01:46:19 UTC 2008

I can't seem to make heads or tails out of the Wiki.  Is there some help
installing this PCTV HD USB Pro Stick in Mythbuntu?  Seems like many of
the required modules are there but nothing shows up in the setup for
capture cards.  I can't find anything on the web that I can follow with
my system (Mythbuntu 7.1)

My son got this from Woot a few months ago and it works from Windows --
sort of.  I want to get it working for him and as a confirmation that my
computer is strong enough at which point I will buy a HDHR.  This will
also get him onto Linux, which would be great for his career, imho.

Allen