[mythtv-users] Help debugging XvMC freezes

Misty P mistyp at thekorn.net
Wed Apr 23 16:33:29 UTC 2008

Scott D. Davilla wrote:
>>> It is likely a hardware driver issue.  Myth can't cause your machine
>>> to lock like that, only something at a very low level like a driver.
>>> I'd back down the nvidia version to something less recent and see if
>>> that helps (or even your previous version)
>>
>> humm 7300LE, that's similar to the 7300 is in the AppleTV. I would
>> experience random freezes and green blocky video corruption using
>> XvMC until I under-clocked the gpu. See
>> http://code.google.com/p/atv-bootloader/wiki/UpdateNvidiaDriver for
>> details.

Hmmm, interesting thought!  I tried underclocking it from 450 MHz to 400
MHz, but got another freeze not too far in.  So I'm tending to think this is
a nvidia driver issue.  (happy happy joy joy...   why did I buy this card
again?)

Actually, second thought...  did you underclock the GPU, or the memory?
I've been focusing on the GPU, maybe I should underclock the graphics card's
memory?

I'll have to do some more playing around, see if I hit pay dirt with
anything.