[mythtv-users] Serial IR Blaster - Huge Issues

Jeff Clark jeff at vacantcanvas.com
Wed Apr 23 01:42:50 UTC 2008

Basically, I can't figure out how to get my IR Blaster working correctly. At
all. It won't blink and lirc apparently isn't configured correctly.
I don't know what to do _at all_.  I've been working literally for weeks to
get this thing working.  I've read, re-compiled, re-installed, etc etc, all
to no avail.

Does anyone have a guide or some knowhow to get it working?  I have one of
those serial blasters from irblaster.info hooked into COM1.  I have a
PVR-150 but the receiver/blaster cable isn't plugged into it.  I've tried
both Mythbuntu and Knoppmyth. I have Knoppmyth installed, but will quickly
install Mythbuntu if those directions are easier/faster/work.

Any guidance?  I am at my wits end and about two steps away from buying an
Apple TV and hacking together a system that way :)

Thank you!
Jeff