[mythtv-users] OT: Hauppauge HD-PVR ships May 1

Sarah Katherine Hayes sarah at sarahhayes.is-a-geek.net
Wed Apr 23 00:42:49 UTC 2008

> No released version of MPlayer will play the HD-PVR files,
Then it becomes irrelevant which stable release I attempt to use until
"rc3" and proves exactly what I was saying; there is something hinky
about the HD-PVR's output.  Because if it was pure h264 it'd be playing
back... just like all the other h264'd content I've got same if it was
pure MPEG-2. Wither that's because the HD-PVR is using, never before
used, bits of the specifications, upated version of the specifications
or just doing it's own sweet thing I honestly couldn't tell you and TBQH
I'm not fussed.