[mythtv-users] slow mythweb?

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Tue Apr 22 16:01:44 UTC 2008

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 11:52 AM, Ronald Frazier <ron at ronfrazier.net> wrote:
> >  This would fail only for programs longer than 6 hours? (no scheduling
>  >  until program is over?)
>
>  No it wouldn't. You are asking it to only record programs that START
>  in the next 6 hours. You don't say anything about when they end (I
>  purposely left that out).

I realized you were asking a different question than I was answering.
Your question was about the scheduler not running for 6 hours.

I'm not sure if that is the case or not (there may be code that forces
a reschedule if one hasn't occurred for a certain interval). Even so,
the 6 hour problem would only happen if you had a 6 hour period where
no recordings stopped/started. That means EVERY channel would have to
have 6+ hour programs at the same time. And even in that case, if the
rescheduling happens when a recording stops, then the worst case
scenarios is that you miss a little bit off the beginning of the next
program.

--
Ron