[mythtv-users] Alternatives to DVB-T (UK) PCI Cards

Matthew McClement mythtv at macker.co.uk
Tue Apr 22 10:27:23 UTC 2008

Oliver Maunder wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 8:56 AM, lists_mythtv_users
> <lists_mythtv_users at bigpizza.co.uk
> <mailto:lists_mythtv_users at bigpizza.co.uk>> wrote:
>

>     What alternatives are available that will allow me to continue to use 4
>     tuners?  I've heard there's been a problem with the Nova-T 500 with the
>     USB stack thought that has recently been fixed.
>

> With multirec in 0.21 do you still need four separate tuners?

Can still happen in the UK, although it's pretty rare and you can, more
often than not, catch a repeat later on.

I'm not sure what kind of hardware requirements Steve has, but Gigabyte
does have both an AM2 motherboard and a C2D MB that'll work, and they're
cheap. The Intel one is the GA-P35-S3G(acutally has 5 PCI slots), is P35
based and will take the newer 45nm C2D's. The AM2 board is the
GA-M56S-S3(4 PCI slots), which I currently use as a slave backend with 4
tuners and a BE-2300.

Matt