[mythtv-users] slow mythweb?

Udo van den Heuvel udovdh at xs4all.nl
Mon Apr 21 13:36:08 UTC 2008

Jens Baumeister wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 20, 2008 at 2:18 PM, Udo van den Heuvel <udovdh at xs4all.nl> wrote:
>> Udo van den Heuvel wrote:
>>  > Is this typical?
>>
>>  Also: clicking on the backend status in Mythweb now takes over 90
>>  seconds while the machine is over 90% idle.
>
> Could you try a show processlist in mysql during this time to make
> sure my BUSQ theory was actually correct? I'm guessing it is, but it'd
> be better to check it on your system.

I get this:

mysql> show processlist;
+-----+--------+-----------+-------------+---------+------+-------+------------------+

+-----+--------+-----------+-------------+---------+------+-------+------------------+
| 679 | mythtv | localhost | mythconverg | Sleep   |   21 |       | NULL
            |
| 681 | mythtv | localhost | mythconverg | Sleep   |    0 |       | NULL
            |
| 682 | mythtv | localhost | mythconverg | Sleep   |   65 |       | NULL
            |
| 692 | mythtv | localhost | mythconverg | Sleep   |   47 |       | NULL
            |
| 693 | mythtv | localhost | mythconverg | Sleep   |   46 |       | NULL
            |
| 696 | root   | localhost | NULL        | Query   |    0 | NULL  | show
processlist |

(at a time where the backend takes about 60+% and mysql about 30+% of
the cpu)

I also filed this ticket http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/5231 for
mythbackend becomign inresponsive of some sorts after a while running
the three power searches. Any connection?