[mythtv-users] Troubles with Irtrans VFD

Greg Mischel Smith gregms at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 01:07:47 UTC 2008

On Sun, Apr 20, 2008 at 7:30 PM, tim dennis <tdennis.sub at gmail.com> wrote:

> Went all the way back to LCDproc 0.4.3 and no dice, the problem manifests
> itself in the same way for all versions. Before upgrading to myth 0.21 I
> used 0.4.3 and later 0.5.0, both worked flawless, After upgrading to 0.21,
> no matter which version of LCDproc the problem manifests itself.
>
> Tim

I have a VFD display from IRTrans. I was using Myth 0.20 and didn't
have any problem after upgrading to 0.21. However, I believe I am
still using lcdproc 0.4.3. I tried upgrading my lcdproc at one point
in the past and it would only show something similar to this when in
Myth:
## LCDproc Server ##
Cli: 0  Scr: 0

I'm using Mythbuntu 7.10 and MythTV 0.21 from the backports. To get my
VFD display working I just followed the instructions from this thread:

It suggests using the lcdproc from IRTrans website:
http://www.irtrans.de/en/download/linux.php

Best of luck.

Greg Mischel Smith
KCMO