[mythtv-users] 0.21 HD playback problems

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Sun Apr 20 18:39:44 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-04-20 at 14:23 -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> You're either using (i.e. through falling back from unsupported) some
> non-Xv renderer

Is there any way to know this?

> or your card doesn't support Xv picture controls--like
> the NVIDIA 6x00 or above.

At least I know it's not that, since this is the same GeForce 5500 card
on which picture controls worked under FC5 and SVN Myth sources. This is
a problem which only started after I moved to F8 and Myth 0.21.

For now, I'll stop trying to make XvMC work. I  had thought it was
necessary in order to do HD playback properly, but apparently that is
not the case.

And I did find where the deiniterlacing setup screens are: clicking the
Edit button for a playback profile allows me to play with this, so I may
try some different deinterlacing methods to try and improve the picture
a bit.

Mike, thanks for your help.

--Greg