[mythtv-users] mythfrontend can't connect to backend/database

starcycle starcycle at gmail.com
Sun Apr 20 17:58:30 UTC 2008

Okay -- apparently adding the PIN in the backend is what allowed the
server screen to come up. Apparently that is a bug, because the
mythtv-setup screen says that 0000 allows connection from all hosts,
but apparently it doesn't. I can only connect when there's an actual
pin.

Now I just have to figure why the clients won't connect to the
database. Do I need a "mythtv" user or group on the clients?

thx