[mythtv-users] Missing Dependency: libmp4ff.so.0()(64bit) is needed by package mythmusic

Tim Fenn fenn at stanford.edu
Sun Apr 20 09:02:03 UTC 2008

On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 00:45:00 -0400 Rick Bilonick <rab at nauticom.net>
wrote:

> On Sat, 2008-04-19 at 23:14 -0400, Rick Bilonick wrote:
> > I'm running Fedora 8 on a 64-bit Athlon system and I'm trying to
> > install the rpm's from ATrpm repository. Fedora 8 is current (every
> > update has been installed). I get the following error from yum (via
> > yumex):
> >
> > Missing Dependency: libmp4ff.so.0()(64bit) is needed by package
> > mythmusic
> >
> > This file is from faad2 yet faad2 is installed.
> >
> > Any idea on how to fix this so mythtv can be installed?
> >
> > Rick B.
>
> I checked out mythdora but could not find any rpms to install.
> Apparently you have to create an iso DVD and install a whole new
> operating system (based on Fedora 8). I'm not ready to destroy a
> working system just to try it out. I've tried DVD's like mythknoppix
> but they never worked.
>
> I happened upon the "solution" to the libmp4ff.so.0 dependency. I have
> to remove faad2 from livna, then disable the livna repository, enable
> ATrpm repository, and then mythtv should install without this error.

Yeah, this is a bit of a touchy subject - you pretty much have
to choose between livna (which is
kind-of-but-not-really-supported-nudge-nudge-wink-wink by fedora)
and atrpms, and ne'er the twain shall meet. I'd love to see the
differences between the repos settled (as Axel would, too), but its
still up in the air.  Keep yer eyes on rpmrepo.org.

> I'll ask again: Does anyone know of any stand-alone program to record
> the HDTV data stream to a file (other than getatsc or pchdtvr)?

If you just want to dump to a file, why not use mencoder?  Or am I
missing something?

-Tim

--
CAPS LOCK IS THE CRUISE CONTROL OF AWESOMNESS